Welcome to Year 3
Year 3 Teacher: Miss Dyer
Year 3 Teaching Assistants: Mrs Storey
Our Topics This Year:
– Autumn 1: Stone Age
– Autumn 2: Antarctica
– Spring 1: Castles
– Spring 2: The Middle Ages
– Summer 1: Local History Topic
– Summer 2: Local History Topic
Our Science This Year:
– Autumn 1: Amazing Bodies
– Autumn 2: Forces
– Spring 1: Changing world
– Spring 2: Rocks and Soils
– Summer 1: Light and Shadows
– Summer 2: Plants and Environmental Science
Swimming and PE:
This term we will be having weekly Swimming and Outdoor Rounders sessions in PE. Please ensure your child comes with suitable clothes for this: Black jogging bottoms/black shorts, trainers, socks, a black/grey jumper/hoodie and a white t-shirt. We may even be outside whatever the weather!
PE will be on a Wednesday afternoon and swimming will be every Thursday this term.
For ease, we have suggested that all swimming kits/PE kits are brought into school on a Monday and returned home on a Friday.
* If your child wears earrings, please ensure they come with something they can store these in to prevent losing them during PE/Swimming.
* If your child has long hair, please ensure they bring a hair bobble that day.
Homework will be given out on a Friday and will be collected in on a Wednesday every week. If you/your child have any questions about the homework, please do not hesitate to speak to Miss Dyer or Mrs Storey.
Homework does not need to be returned to school, as effort will be judged on each individual childs weekly spelling and times tables scores.
Every half term the children will given a list of task, linked to our class topic. The children are asked to complete at least two tasks as well as their weekly 'Learn-It' and Spellings. A copy of this half terms' homework can be found below.
Other useful websites:
For maths: http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/maths/
For literacy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/english/
For grammar: http://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/7-11-years/punctuation