PE and sport premium
WHAT IS ‘PE AND SPORT PREMIUM’ FUNDING?
Primary PE and Sport Premium is an initiative that aims to help increase and improve the PE and sporting opportunities for children. It was first provided in the 2013/14 academic year and the current government has pledged to continue this funding until 2020.
The Government are not dictating how schools should spend this money, but are clear that schools will need to employ the strategies that they know will support these pupils to increase their active participation in sports.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- * hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- * paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- * running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- * buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- * providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- * pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.